Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

The Unverified Apocalypse

Also known as "Mulepocalypse".

Bandai Namco has finally done it. They have restricted all unverified accounts in the Cinderella Girls mobile game. They cannot trade or gift anyone. They basically play alone for the most part. Being verified means to have a valid Japanese cell phone number. However as a foreigner I don't have the advantage of having one, nor do I have the means to buy one. Also, buying one just for this game would seem a bit ridiculous for myself, since I'm not a very active player to begin with.

This means it's almost the end of my playing. I'll stick around a little to see if Ritsuko ever gets her SRare, or if Makoto ever gets an invitational SRare. At least I had the chance to get Yayoi's SRare. Sadly, I wasn't dedicated enough to even get Makoto's SRare...

I'll also stick around to see what happens with the currently sketchy legality for the "Completion Set Gacha" that has been discussed in Japan. DeNA and Gree, the two top mobile game companies, have had drastic drops in their stock values because of this. Who knows what the future will hold for these games.

It was certainly fun while it lasted. I hope to see more material in the future, such as the upcoming Cinderella Master CDs.

In other news, a new Idolm@ster game has been announced. Some pachinko slot game by sammy. Somehow I think these machines will be even more like gambling than the current CG gachas.

And in other other news, summer classes have started up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment