Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2012

16 Colossi Defeated; 16 Shadows Collected

I just finished the PS2 game Shadow of the Colossus today. I recently got it from a friend and I didn't really have a PS2 for a long time so that's why I only played it now.

The ending was quite interesting. Definitely not what I expected though, but still nice. Although it did feel like something more could have been explained, but alas Shadow of the Colossus is not very big on details in the first place.

As for the entire game, I felt that the environment was absolutely beautiful. If there was an autopilot sequence like the opening videos, but with the whole map, I would just stare at it just to see every location. Too bad it lagged somewhat on my PS2, but it still looked quite beautiful.

The Colossi were also pretty interesting creatures themselves, although a few did lead to frustration at how annoying it is to find a way to climb or hurt them. But I guess that it the point of it all. After finding the strategy though, it became almost too easy for some. And the music for the Colossi did get a little repetitive at times. Still fun for the most part though.

All in all, it was an interesting experience. Any spiritual sequels or prequels (I'm looking a you Ico) would be on my list to play someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment