Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2012

August 1st: A DigiDestined Day

Happy Odaiba Day!

Today, in 1999, is the day when the 7 original DigiDestined got pulled into the Digital World in Odaiba an artificial island in Tokyo, Japan. That makes it 13 years since then.

To celebrate, I ended up watching Digimon Tamers subbed with my brother. We were both somewhat big Digimon fans when we were little kids, and we still sort of are. I know it isn't the original Digimon Adventures, but Tamers was probably my favorite of all the Digimon TV series, closely followed by Adventures.

It was quite interesting to hear the voices, as they were quite similar to the ones in the dub. I really like how the Digimon series tends to keep the Digimon names very close to the original, like how "Girumon" is "Guilmon", which is pronounced almost the same. Terriermon and Renamon are also the same as well.

Also, I found out that there was a new Digimon game called Digimon World Re:Digitize for the PSP. It's almost like a spiritual successor the original Digimon World, which itself is sort of like the tamagotchi-like Digimon toys. The character designs are by the guy who does the art for Durarara and the character designs for Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. It'd be nice if a localization or translation happened for it, but I'm a bit doubtful as the PSP doesn't seem too popular in the West nowadays.

As a side-note, I went to watch some fireworks. It was a celebration of sorts. Lots of lights. It was quite fun going with some friends.


Anyways, here's hoping I don't forget next year. It'll be Adventures time next!

No comments:

Post a Comment