Pages

Wednesday 8 August 2012

CINDERELLA MASTER 006-010 Released

It's here! August 8 is here!

No preview for Kirari, since nobody bothered to make a little video out of this week's Idolm@ster Station radio broadcast.

Now unlike the hackneyed post the last time the set got released, I'll put down my preliminary thoughts for these 5 here.

Ranko's Rhapsodia - I really like it. The feeling it has definitely represent Ranko. I especially like the little mini-talking part that shifts between Ranko-speak and normal talking. Like two sides of the same coin. The obligatory guitar solo was quite nice too.

Miku's Shall We? - This one I was looking forward to, mostly because of the jazzy feel it had. Though disappointed by the preview, the full version is a pretty nice listen. I guess Miku's voice was a bit amateur-like, but I thought it was good enough.

Kirari's Marshmallow - This is the one the was slightly more disappointing. The slowness of the song was really what irked me, not the squeaky voice. I would've assumed that Kirari's would be more high-power, but this did not deliver that. It's still cute though and I don't dislike the song, but I was just expecting a bit more Kirari to show.

Mika's Escalate - Now this was a song I surprisingly liked from the preview. Although the use of "auto-tune" or whatever normally turns me off, this is a great song for its use. Nothing much to write about other than it's a solid performance. Although her voice did sound a little like Ritsuko to me.

Uzuki's Smileing - I liked this song from the get-go and the full song did not disappoint. Kind of like Kanako's song, it's very soothing and her voice is quite a nice fit. A nice feeling indeed, I can't stop listening to it. Grinning a bit as I listen too.

Another big part of the release are the drama tracks. Ranko's is full of her signature style, while also including her "true voice" as another track. Miku's is nyantastic and really quite fun, and her voice is very fitting. Kirari's has the energy I was waiting for along with the really random Nyowa and Kirarin BEAM~ Mika's didn't seem too special to me and I'm not used to how her voice is, but it seemed ok. Uzuki's is nice, but I don't think there's anything too special other than her typical cuteness.


All in all, it was a nice release. Now go out and get it! (from your usually sources)

And time to patiently wait for the inevitable 3rd set.

No comments:

Post a Comment