Pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

School for Geniuses? An Academy for "Alice"

Just finished volume 1 of Gakuen Alice after all this time. It's been probably 6 years since I heard of this series and for the longest time I wanted to read it. It's really too bad I left it... but now I can read it again, since the whole series is in my local library and ready for picking.

Volume 1 is the introduction of the naive, but boisterous Mikan and the cool, but sly Hotaru. The introduction of their splitting apart. Cause Hotaru has gone and moved to another school now. But Mikan can have that. She wants to be with her precious Hotaru, so she goes after her into Alice Academy (Gakuen Alice)!

Then hijinks ensue. Fire, pheromones, inventions, mind reading, psychokinesis etc.

And the great reunion of LOVE between Mikan and Hotaru. Keep in mind that they are just elementary school kids.

So far a fun series and it did not let me down. Time to look for volume 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment