Pages

Thursday 25 October 2012

2012 Library Sale Loot 1

Hopefully this is the 1 out of 4, since the sale lasts four days.

Anyways, I actually bought some more books today! I was able to pick up a very good condition copy of Buddha vol 1 by Osamu Tezuka. A brilliant work by a brilliant mind. I didn't notice that it was the UK/European copy until I got home though. Still, it was an incredible chance that I could not leave.

Next up was something I completely picked up as soon as I saw it. The "Train Man"/Densha Otoka novel translated into English. I was completely unaware that it was ever translated, so I had to pick it up. Even though it was in pretty bad shape, it was cheap and I really wanted to read it. Not bad for less than a dollar.

Lastly was something I was almost going to leave! Though I consider myself a pretty avid anime watcher, I haven't seen a lot of "must-watches" like the adaptation of this novel. The novel is "The Tatami Galaxy" or "四畳半神話大系" as I saw it because it was the original Japanese novel. I knew I recognized the cover somewhere, but I didn't know it until I searched it up at home. This is one where I trusted my instincts and got something good! No regrets here. I won't be able to read through it anytime soon, but it's still a nice addition to my "To-Read" Japanese collection.

All in all it was a bit hectic in there, but not as bad as the crazy closing sale that happened this summer. I even saw a 10 volume set of Claymore from that sale being sold at this sale, but alas, I'm thinking of saving my money for something a bit more special.

I ended up borrowing 7 more volumes of manga from the library as well, so that made my bag a bit heavy.

I'll be back tomorrow hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment