Pages

Thursday 14 March 2013

The Beginning Story

The poster that some people got.

I just came back from watching Madoka Magica the Movie Part 1. It finally came to my city so I was able to watch it! Unlike the showings in the states, this is actually split up into the proper Part 1 and Part 2, so I'll be watching the next one another day.

I really liked how they did it. I'm surprised they were able to compress all that into 2 hours, because it certainly did not feel rushed at all.

The redone transformation scenes and the remixed music were some of the highlights of the movie. I especially liked the Japanese lyrics version of Mami's theme "Credens Justitiam". I kind of miss the whole "Kajiuran" chanting from before, but this was just as good.

Also, the end credits were really like a super extended version of the TV end credits. They certainly seem to foreshadow what is to come in the next few movies. Spoilers now : There were now more magical girl silhouettes, quite possibly those from across all ages and times. And the end was Madokami holding onto Madoka. Very interesting.


Sadly I missed out on the first 10 minutes of the movie with the new theme song by ClariS. Due to certain school circumstances, I barely even got to watch the movie. But then, somehow I was able to claim a ticket after it was stated as "Sold Out" for the first 10 minutes. The last ticket too. Even though the seats were not ideal, the movie was still perfectly fine to watch. The nice thing about knowing the story beforehand is the fact that I could almost ignore the slightly localized subtitles to watch the bigger picture.

I look forward to watching Part 2, wrapping up the TV arc and possibly foreshadowing at Part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment