Pages

Saturday 20 April 2013

Back to Mjolnir: Starting up Ragnarok 2 Again

It says "Legend of the Second" in that small subtitle.

Back again to Ragnarok 2! This time it looks a bit different from its previous incarnation.

I still remember the old Ragnarok 2 back in its perpetual beta. The few things I remember were the amazing Yoko Kanno music (that title screen music is awesome) and the inclusion of a gunslinger class from the get-go. Also the strange class-swap system that I happened to see in another MMO called Holic. I always wondered who came up with the idea first.

Of course the first Ragnarok 2 wasn't successful, so they had to revive it again. This time it's quite a bit closer to the old Ragnarok, but I still feel that it's lacking in enough nostalgia. I mean sure, the skill names and the Porings are great, but the lack of Novice class and subsequently the job change quests, plus the really simplified card system (that I still love to collect) among other things were what hit me.

I still don't mind playing the game, though it might be due to my long absence from MMORPGs in general or due to the nostalgia filtering in slightly due to all the familiar monsters and skills. I might play for a bit more till the 2nd job change or I might just quite early, but since this is beta I can mess around for a bit more.

Anyways, off to "enjoy" fetch quests and deliveries.

And actually enjoy Yoko Kanno's music!



Also, I somehow got tired when I drank this interestingly bad tasting beverage. Not quite the reaction I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment