Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Finally a Good Recorder

So today I got the chance to borrow a nice little field recorder called the Zoom H2. It's a little bit old, but boy is it much better than any other recording devices I tried out. Like cellphones and headphone mics.

Not only is it much more sensitive to the noise, but it also has full stereo, plus the ability to have 2 or maybe even 4 channels since it has a front and back to it. Using so called condenser mics, I assume this is already quite up there in terms of quality.

I tested recording my voice and boy does it pick it up. Of course at the lowest gain, I have to speak quite close.

I plugged it through USB to my computer and it's already much better since it doesn't produce any of the noise I usually get from my other devices.

In terms of sound quality? Well I didn't add any filters or whatever, but I already think it sounds nice though a little bit muffled, but I guess that's the norm if you use it directly like this. Or maybe it's my crappy speakers/headphones.

Or maybe my cold is making my voice like that.

Anyways, I still have some days to play around with this for my next assignment. Hopefully I can make some use of it for other things as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment