Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

Mics and Magic

So today (and a bit of the "after hours" of the day), I got around to completing my school assignment involving a field recorder (ZOOOOOM), and picking up random sounds plus editing them in Audacity. Then plugging them into the favorite video editor of your choice (no, not Windows Movie Maker).

What was fun is that this one video we were editing had a funny little robot so we could make some strange noises. Another thing I found out was that it was from a music video. I should go watch it.

I'm happy to say that I recorded and edited all the sounds by myself. No need for audio libraries. Much more fun to just go out there and experiment. I just had to figure out how to work Audacity.


I hope it turns out ok. And now I'm keen on working with the recorder again. It sounds wonderful compared to all the other mics I've ever had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment